Bad-Assed Girls

We once lived boring lives in boring towns situated in boring countries on several boring continents. Well, one of us sometimes lives in a little, blonde world all her own but that's another blog. Our lives used to be so banal, so interminably dull, but not since we met! Hilarious, passionate, irreverant, wise, diverse, forthright, spiritual, bright, loving, compassionate, smart-assed, sexual, quick-witted, juicy. We're a batch of bitchin' babes & a couple of titular dudes...watch us blossom!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Bullying Advice Needed

Ladies and Germs

Please help. Bowen is being harassed and bullied on the school bus by 3 or 4 other students. They are all older than him. They have mouths foul enough to be long term workers on a building site. I never ever expected to hear words like cunt emerge from the mouths of kids that small.

Due to the ruccus on the bus, the drivers are unaware of the bullying. The school is being less than helpful to say the least. Even though these little shits go to the same god damn school as Bowen! I am waiting to speak to the principal to see what he can do to make this stop.

My fear is that Bowen will explode and hit one of them. With odds of 4 to 1 he might land one hit. After that they are going to mutilate the poor kid. He has kept quiet for weeks because he was afraid he would get into trouble. And if he's the one who gets caught, he will lose his bus pass. If he loses it, I will be walking 1 hour to school and 1 hour back home, morning and afternoon to take him to school. Not having a car and licence fucking SUCKS!

I was none the wiser about any of this until one of my mum's best mates happened to be on the bus on Wednesday morning. He called Mum at work last night and told her. She called me this morning and told me.

I would ignore them and walk away. I would move as close to the driver as I could, and then if the little shits want to keep bugging him, the driver WILL HEAR/SEE IT! That way it will be them that lose bus pass rights, not Bowen. I only fight after the first punch as been thrown so I can claim self defence.

Justin would arc up, punch them all and make sure they knew he was not to be fucked with! His way is more pro-active than mine. And I am unsure of what the right advice to give Bowen would be.

I can see this ending badly, very bloody badly. I don't want my kid cowed by every idiot that gives him grief. But I dont want him being as bloody bad as they are. I have no idea what the hell to do and would really appreciate any advice you can give. Especially Kelly, from a teachers point of view.

Love Yvonne

2 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Jess said…

    I'm not sure what to tell you Von. But I would definitely go to the school and give a royal bitching to the principal. Bullying is just not acceptable. I would hate for Bowen to try to fight back, but if he kicked all of their asses I would be so proud. If talking to the principal doesn't work then I would go to their parents. Best of luck to you on this.

    Love ya,
    Jess

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Sorry to hear Bowen's having trouble, Von. I'm not much good at advice because Mike was just naturally the "perfect" child and did the right things without Mom having to teach him...thank God!

    When he was about 6, the kids used to call him "peanut head." Yeah, he's got a long, skinny head but it doesn't buckle in at the middle. Anyway, he just laughed along with or ignored it and, ultimately, the kids started to realize how shitty they were being and stopped. He also was always the kid who tried to stop others from fighting. The kids nicknamed him "the peacemaker" by the time he left that school. I don't know how he got so wise because I heard about this all much later on.

    Early in junior high school, a kid started some shit with him in gym class, playing football. Mike defended himself. Neither kid was hurt badly and they were both suspended from school for a few days. This was important for Mike because he was able to establish that, although he's very easy going, he's not going to take physical abuse. He was never bothered again. Easy going kids seem like easy targets. Again, I learned of this after the fact but agree he made the perfect decision. He was a really scary child. ; )

    I agree with you. Sit closer to the driver, let the kids start the shit with a legitimate witness, let them throw the first punch and let them get in trouble for it. This will probably be hard for Bowen but I think it really is the wisest thing to do. In the interim, see what the principal can do to help.

    Poor little bugger must be scared shitless. I wish I could come on down there and teach the little bastards a lesson personally!

    Make sure Bowen knows that kids who do this shit, especially those who have to do it in groups, are really scared little cowards and that's why they have to act out in this way. It shows you're a bigger "man" than they are by not participating and not reacting!

    Keep us posted, {{{Von!}}}

     

Post a Comment

<< Home