Bad-Assed Girls

We once lived boring lives in boring towns situated in boring countries on several boring continents. Well, one of us sometimes lives in a little, blonde world all her own but that's another blog. Our lives used to be so banal, so interminably dull, but not since we met! Hilarious, passionate, irreverant, wise, diverse, forthright, spiritual, bright, loving, compassionate, smart-assed, sexual, quick-witted, juicy. We're a batch of bitchin' babes & a couple of titular dudes...watch us blossom!

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Mucho. Matcha. Mochita. Oh, my.

Did y'all know our little Kelly (Cheryl ::sighs:: to think we knew her when! ;) is becoming a world-famous blogger extraordinaire? Really! Check out the link, above, (click on the post title, it's linked) if you don't believe me! She's got her very own domain name (http://www.mochamomma.com) and all! (Cheryl ::sighs:: that she wants some of Kelly's readership and site design! ;) Of course, we BAGs never do anything halfway, do we? We are our own little, twenty-something mom to middle-aged fart (or would that be "tart?"), female (well, mostly) Dead Poets Society.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I wanted to live deep and suck all the marrow of life....

-- Henry David Thoreau, author of Walden

That would be us...sucking all the marrow of life while trying not to choke on the bone! What? You thought that would take you someplace else? Sorry! (Go ahead...try typing "www.someplaceelse.com" into your browser. It must be an internet quirk, sort of like this.)

Three cheers for Kelly! May you live long, prosper, be properly paid for your wit, wisdom and writing (it's visually alliterative, anyway) and spare at least a day or two each year for the peeps who still reside in the vicinity of your humble and lowly beginnings! ROFLMSAO!



I got an e-mail today from Boca Java. No, I'm not going to send you directly to Boca Java, Silly! If you click through from my site and buy something, I think I get credit or money or something. I don't know what but something good happens. Something good always happens when I pull out my magic wand, click my ruby-encrusted heels together and.... No, wait. That's another post on another blog. Anyway, the e-mail from Boca Java directed me to the Boca Java Tea Infusion Line. What should greet my wondering eyes but a 30 gm. tin of their Traditional Matcha. It was all I could do to stifle a piercing cry. I choked back a sob.

My, but that 'Matcha' Gift Set reminded me of our own Lil' Kelly, our Mocha, our Capuccina, our very own Princess Leia! I drifted back in time to a simpler, gentler time when life was, well, gayer! My mind harkened back to yesteryear, to those long, sultry Sunday evenings spent embarassing and generally pissing people off in Gar's Room on Gamehouse. Oh, those were the days, my friends!

But life goes on and we learn and we grow and we sometimes drift apart. Kelly, as you're accepting your Koufax Award someday, please feel a tiny pang for the little people who "knew you when" but will love you always!

***Special and genuine thanks to someone I never met who writes at firedoglake for the list of winners!*** (If I'm not properly citing you, please let me know?)

(The views expressed in the above post present the opinions of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views of the Bad-Assed Girls, its advertisers, affiliates or sponsors. No, it's pretty much the wordy bitch dyke of the bunch running off at the mouth as she is wont to do. Any resemblence to factual data or an intelligent thought thread is purely coincidental and totally cool, Dude! The owners, management, members and staff of the Bad-Assed Girls are not responsiblefor how the views expressed in this post may make you feel. Hell, they're not all that responsible, period. Until you know how this post may affect you you should refrain from driving, drinking alcohol or operating dangerous machinery. So, if you're planning on using that vibe, don't tell them WE told you to use it behind the wheel, drunk, for God's sake! You know you should never drive drunk!)

Remember you can hold down "control" and move the little wheel on your mouse up or down to make the print larger or smaller. These little tips come in handy later in life, Girls and Not-Girls!

7 Comments:

  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Yvonne said…

    PMSL Cheryl? Are you stoned? LOL

    Love Yvonne

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Do I have to be stoned to be creative, Von? "No," I say!

    ROFLMSAO!

     
  • At 2:13 AM, Blogger Yvonne said…

    No you dont have to be..... but it helps! LOL

     
  • At 2:59 AM, Blogger Jess said…

    Stoned? Somebody getting stoned without me? Shame on yall!

     
  • At 5:12 AM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Von: I wouldn't know about that because I'm always creative!
    ; )

    Jess: That's what happens when you sit there like a wallflower, Missy! Where have you been? Having a 6 month-old and home-schooling a 6 year-old child who happens to use a wheelchair is no excuse for ignoring The BAGs! (spoken imperiously) "We Are Not To Be Ignored!"
    ; )

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Mocha said…

    I would have been here sooner but my legions of fans demand my time. *sigh It's so HARD to be a celebrity!

    A few questions: who's got the weed? why is Cher doing a Glenn Close imitation? where's my underwear?

    Just wonderin'...

     
  • At 3:08 AM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Kelly:

    1. Who said there was weed? I do not recall an admission. Are you a Narc?

    2. This is my new persona. You like?

    3. You don't wear underwear, remember?

    So good to see you! I'm going to bookmark this page for future reference (and autographs)!

    ; )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home